Eucalyptus is well known for relieving sinus inflammation, clearing nasal congestion and easing respiratory blockages. In addition to clearing the air passages, inhaling eucalyptus has been shown to cause an increase in the uptake of oxygen from the lungs to the bloodstream. The antiviral and antibacterial properties of eucalyptus can even help fight off colds. Combining eucalyptus and lavender in this bomb also helps to soothe aches and pains.
1 cup Baking Soda
½ cup Citric Acid
½ cup Corn Starch
¼ cup Epsom Salts
2 TBS Sweet Almond Oil – 100% Pure
25 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
10 drops Lavender Essential Oil 40/42
“Smidgen” Bath Bomb Lake Colour – Yellow
“Drop” Bath Bomb Lake Colour – Blue
- Mix baking soda, citric acid, corn starch and epsom salts in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond oil, eucalyptus essential oil, lavender essential oil and colourant. (Colour to your preference – a little of this lake colourant goes a long way!)
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients. *Mix quickly! As you pour the wet ingredients in as the water will start to react.
- Promptly scoop the mixture into your molds and compress.
- Slightly overfill, then press the two halves together firmly.
- Allow bomb to sit in the mold for a few minutes, then remove one half of the mold to allow moisture to escape.
- Remove bomb from mold and allow to dry overnight.
- Store in an air tight package.
To use: Toss in a hot bath and allow to dissolve to relieve sinus congestion and body aches.