This nut-oil based cream is very rich and has a whipped butter consistency. It goes on smoothly and absorbs very well. It’s perfect for dry summer and winter skin.
Yield: Approx. 3.6 ounces
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Price Category: 2
Difficulty Level: 2
Shelf Life: 3 months *
- 60 grams Distilled Water
- 10 grams Coconut Oil
- 8 grams Macadamia Nut Oil
- 8 grams Sweet Almond Oil
- 5 grams Shea Butter
- 11 grams Emulsifying Wax
- 2 grams Stearic Acid
* Editor’s note: We recommend adding a preservative to this recipe for shelf stability.
- Combine oils, butter, wax, and stearic acid in a heat proof container and heat in a hot water bath until all ingredients are melted. Stir to combine.
- Heat water separately until slightly warm.
- With a hand mixer, start beating oil/wax mixture. Slowly pour water into the oil mixture and continue beating on low until it takes on a creamy, buttery consistency.
- Add fragrance oil or essential oil (no more than 1/2 teaspoon or so, if desired) after the mixture cools a bit and then transfer into jars.
A little goes a long way with this cream, so use sparingly. Use it anywhere that needs intense moisture or give to your skin a little extra pampering.
Recipe by Jaime Nienstedt
DISCLAIMER: Saffire Blue Inc. is not responsible for the performance or accuracy of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. Photo may not be indicative of the actual finished product. If you plan to sell products made from any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all government regulations. If ingredients listed in a recipe are not sold by Saffire Blue Inc., we cannot offer suggestions of where to purchase those ingredients.