Make your own holiday tree and top it off with a gold star in this soap making project! Kick off the Yuletide season by making this adorable soap loaf. The Very Merry Cranberry Fragrance Oil will set the mood while you work on checking a few names off your gift giving list. Buy Our Complete “Very Merry Cranberry Tree Soap Loaf Kit” … Or follow the recipe below and buy everything you need on our website
Project Level: Difficult • Estimated Time: 1 Hour • Yield: (8) 1″ slices
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hair net, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place silicone molds on cookie sheet. Be sure all sides are completely locked together to avoid any leaking.
- STAR: Cut up 7.5 ounces clear soap. Place in glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- Add 1 tsp. Sparkle Gold Mica Powder. Mix in well. Pour into star column mold. Spritz top of melted soap with alcohol to release any bubbles.
- TREE: Cut up 15 oz. clear soap. Place in glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave until melted.
- In small container, mix 1 oz. Glycerin with 1/2 tsp. Red Oxide Pigment. Mix well.
- Add red color to melted soap until desired shade is reached.
- Add 10 ml Cranberry Fig Fragrance Oil and mix to incorporate.
- Pour red soap into tree column mold. Spritz top with alcohol.
- Let soap totally set up.
- To remove soap, pull sides apart and carefully remove soap from mold. Trim any excess soap from the sides of the tree or star with a soap cutter or a potato peeler.
- Place loaf mold on cookie sheet. Place tree with star on top and lay down into the mold to size them. If they fit too tightly, trim the bottom of the tree slightly so they fit into the mold easier. (The tree with star will be laying on its side in the mold.)
- Cut up entire 2 lb. tray of goat milk soap. Melt in microwave for about 3 minutes. Take out and stir until any undissolved pieces of soap have melted.
- Add 2 tablespoons or 1 oz. of fragrance. Stir well.
- Stir in 1 tsp. microfine glitter and mix well.
- You will want to be sure to wear gloves for next step.
- Fill loaf mold about 1/3 full with melted goat milk soap. Check that soap temperature is at or below 130°F before pouring.
- Spritz the entire tree and the star heavily with alcohol. Place tree with star on top sideways down into the mold. It should fit down into the melted soap and flow around it so no air pockets will form.
- These will fit very snugly into the width of the mold. Looking into the mold from the end, try to position the tree into the middle with the star evenly on top.
- Once tree and star are placed, spritz again with alcohol and pour remaining soap over top until mold is completely filled. Spritz again to remove any bubbles.
- Let set up at room temperature.
- Don’t worry if your stars aren’t completely straight on top of the tree. They are handmade and that is the beauty. Each loaf will be unique.
- When completely set, gently pull sides away from soap. Turn mold over and gently push from bottom until loaf releases.
- Place loaf in mitre box and cut up into 1″ slices. Wrap soap and label accordingly.
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Goats Milk, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Laurate, Triethanolamine, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5, Mica (and) Iron Oxides, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer.