Saffire Blue Inc. reserves the right to change these policies, terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
All orders must be paid in full before we can process the order.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Visa / Mastercard (Credit only – No debit) – Please call with credit card information
- Email Money Transfer (Canada only)***
- Cash (Pickup orders only)
- Money Order / Certified Cheque
- Pay by Phone
* We do not accept American Express or Discover
** All refunds for orders will receive an online account credit to be used on our website in lieu of a refund.
Coupons & Discounts
- Discounts and coupons exclude coconut oil, palm oil, clearance items and may exclude additional select sale items.
- Discounts and coupons are only valid on the date that your order is placed.
- Discounts and coupons cannot be added after your order has been submitted.
We reserve the right to change or discontinue any discount rate or coupon policy at any time and without notice.
Minimum Order / Small Order Surcharge
We do not currently have a minimum order, however all orders under $75 will be charged a $25 small order surcharge. $75 small order surcharge calculation is exclusive of shipping and tax.
This policy is effective December 12, 2019.
- We ship via Canada Post, Canpar, Dicom, FedEx or UPS
- Orders shipping to Canadian or US addresses will be shipped from our Fulfillment Centre.
- While customers may receive an email that their order has shipped, the courier carrying your box may not arrive to their terminal until after 6:00 p.m. Please allow 24-48 hours for the tracking number to become active.
- Due to high surcharges for certain rural areas, which are not reflected in the online shipping quote, Saffire Blue has the right to change the courier for your order.
- Customer is responsible for contacting the courier of choice if any issues arise during transit (ie, package is lost, transit time is longer than expected, etc.) as well as to determine if the chosen shipping service is available in your area. Shipments to PO Boxes can only be shipped via Canada Post.
- Once an order is placed, we cannot accept requests for a change of shipping method or shipping address. Please be sure you’ve selected the correct shipping method and shipping address prior to submitting your order.
- Orders placed on our site will be processed in the order it was received, provided all items are in stock. Please understand that changes to an order WILL add additional processing time to that order. If you require your order to be processed sooner, please add RUSH PROCESSING to your order.
- Shipments leave our warehouse at 2:00 p.m. EST. Please see our RUSH PROCESSING page for information about our RUSH PROCESSING
- Orders placed on our site will be processed in the order it was received, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) throughout the year, regardless of the shipment method chosen. Choosing an Expedited or Priority shipping method may reduce the amount of time your order spends in transit, but will not reduce the time it takes for us to package your order for shipment. If you require your order to be processed sooner, please add RUSH PROCESSING to your order.
- In all cases we pass on our discounted rates to you, our customer. Please note that the shipping cost on your order is calculated directly using the annual negotiated discounted rates. Our online quotes are based on the weight and volume calculations of the items in your order.
- We reserve the right to change the shipping charges. If this occurs you will be contacted for approval before your order is processed.
- Saffire Blue Inc. takes no responsibility for any loss, damages, or delay that may occur. Similarly, we must be notified should additional insurance be required. Without notification we ship products without insurance.
- For all orders over $750, a $10 signature upon delivery fee will automatically be applied. By default, we do not require orders under $750 to be signed for upon delivery. This service is optional and must be selected during the checkout process for a fee of $10.00. If signature upon delivery is not requested and tracking information shows that the parcel was delivered to the correct address, Saffire Blue accepts no liability for the missing parcel and will not reship the order.
- Additional Charges:
a) If a customer calls the courier to re-direct their parcel to another address OR if the shipping address is input incorrectly or is missing information and requires a correction, the customer agrees to pay a $25 change fee, which will be billed immediately by Saffire Blue. If the customer refuses to pay these charges, Saffire Blue will add those charges to next order.
b) Alternative shipping methods are available on request, however we take no responsibility for shipping that is arranged by our customers. This includes the following:
* Customers using their own shipping account
* Customers using their own courier
* Customers arranging for a third party to facilitate shipping.
c) Should a customer decide to handle their own shipping arrangements, we require that a WAIVER be signed. This ensures that we aren’t held accountable for any shipping issue outside of our control; similarly, in the event that we receive a shipping related invoice under these conditions, it will authorize us to process the customer’s credit card.
d) Please note that a $7.95 handling fee will be applied for customers arranging shipment via their own courier. It is up to the customer to email Saffire Blue Inc. a bill of lading for the shipment.Please email bill of lading to email@example.com
e) Please note that in all instances where payment is required, a copy of the invoice will be forwarded with receipt for payment.
f) Pallet, Drum & Very Large OrdersPallet, drum and very large orders will ship to a commercial loading dock.
Commercial deliveries with no loading dock will have a $60 lift gate fee applied to the order. Residential orders will have a $70 residential surcharge and $60 lift gate fee applied to the order.
Each freight order will have a $25 wood pallet fee for each pallet used to ship the order.
- Please, DO NOT schedule your courier for pick up until you are notified the order is ready.
Saffire Blue takes no responsibility for any loss, damages, or delay that may occur. Similarly, we must be notified should additional insurance be required. Without notification we ship products without insurance.
- If a customer chooses to provide their own shipping, but does not make arrangements for their order to be shipped, a $25 administration fee will be added to said order in addition to the appropriate shipping charges. We will not release the order until this administration fee has been paid. If the customer refuses to pay these charges, Saffire Blue will add those charges to next order.
- Backorders We make every effort to avoid backordered items. However, in some instances, an item may become out of stock before your order can be fulfilled. In such cases, we may hold your order until the items are in stock. If you request a cancellation of these items, a 20% cancellation fee will be assessed to the items being removed from your order. If the item will not be available for an extended period of time, we will remove that item from your order and issue a store credit.
- Bulk Shipping Items On all large bulk items – pails of vegetable oils, boxes/drums of butter, sacks of salt, clays etc. – these heavy items will be packed separately and shipping costs will be calculated accordingly.
- Incorrect Addresses, Non-deliverable, or Refused Shipments
a) It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the mailing address is correct. Saffire Blue Inc. is not responsible for your error. The additional shipping charges are the customer’s responsibility.
b) Packages returned to Saffire Blue Inc. marked ‘Refused’, ‘Returned’, ‘Unclaimed’, or ‘Invalid Address’ will be issued a store credit back to the customers account, less a 20% restocking fee and all shipping charges, including any additional return shipping charges assessed by the courier. Customers will not be contacted if their order is returned to us.
- Damaged Orders or Missing Items
We can issue a refund or replace your missing, incorrect, or damaged items within 30 days of purchase. Please check your order as soon as possible. If anything is missing or incorrect, call 877-248-1115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org It helps if you have your order number and a list of the items.
a) If your order is damaged, please take photos of the items, box, and labels and email it to us.
b) If a package is sent to an incorrect address and returned to us, you are responsible for the cost to ship it again.
We ship via Canada Post, Canpar, Dicom, FedEx or UPS
For your convenience, we may offer the following additional shipping methods:
Pickup: We will hold your order at the fulfillment centre pending your pickup. Pickup address is 344 Dundas Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 1B4. Please wait until you receive an email stating that your order is ready for pickup before attempting to collect your order. If you require your order to be processed next-day, please add rush processing to your order.
Orders must be picked up within 10 business days of receiving notification that your order is ready for pickup. If your order is not picked up within 10 business days, it will be cancelled and a 20% restocking fee will be applied. All future orders will be required to be paid in full prior to processing.
United States Postal Service (For Orders Outside of USA and Canada Only): Priority Mail International service is available for packages up to 70 lbs to over 190 countries. Estimated transit time is 6 to 10 business days after we process and ship your order. To review our International Shipping Policies, please visit our International Orders page. For more information about Priority Mail International Service, please visit United States Postal Service website.
When will my order be shipped? For orders without Rush Processing, your order will be processed in the order it was received, provided all items are in stock. Please understand that changes or additions to your order WILL add additional processing time to your order. Choosing an Expedited or Priority shipping method may reduce the amount of time your order spends in transit, but will not reduce the time it takes for us to package your order for shipment.
Please note: For liability purposes, we are unable to ship your order using any method which does not provide a tracking number for shipment.
If you do not see a shipping estimate offered at checkout, please be sure that your postal/zip code was entered correctly, as our system requires an accurate postal/zip code to properly calculate shipping charges.
Order Additions & Order Cancellations
We are no longer able to accept order additions. Please see our Order Additions Policies page for further explanation.
Once your order has been placed, we cannot honour any requests to change items, add items or remove items from your order. Once submitted, all orders are final.
All order cancellations will be charged a fee of 20% of the cost of the items in that order, regardless of order status. This includes backordered and out of stock items.
Canceled Bulk Orders
Since Bulk sizes are special orders with the manufacturer, all canceled orders will have a 50% cancellation fee. Please note, that special orders items can take 2 or more weeks to fulfill.
No refunds or returns on Saffire Blue Inc. Bulk sizes
An * beside an item constitutes a bulk order item.
Out of Stock Items & Backorders
We make every effort to avoid backordered items. However, in some cases, items may become out of stock before your order can be fulfilled. In such cases, we may hold your order until the items are in stock. If you request a cancellation of these items, a 20% cancellation fee will be assessed to the items being removed from your order.
If your order is time-sensitive, we recommend adding the Rush Processing option to your order. This will ensure that in stock items in your order are packed for shipment within 2 business days. * Certain restrictions apply. Please see our Rush Processing page for complete details.
Orders are processed Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you would like to know the status of an order you recently placed, please log in to your account and view your order history page.
- Click the “view” button next to the order in question.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to view any notes we may have left on your order.
- If your order contains out of stock items or if we are awaiting your response prior to shipping your order, we will have notified you via email and left a comment on your order history.
Anti-Fraud and Bullying Policy
To view our Anti-Fraud and Bully Policy, please click here.
What does my order status mean?
- On Hold: Pending payment
- Pending: Your order is currently on hold.
- In Processing : Your order has been paid for and is in line for your ordered items to be picked. Your order will be processed in the order in which it was received. Please see our Rush Processing schedule for orders with Rush Processing.
- In Processing Queue: Picking order
- Ready for Pickup: Your order is ready for you to pickup at 344 Dundas Street, Woodstock ON fulfillment centre.
- Competed: Your order has left our warehouse and is in transit to your shipping destination.
- Partial Complete: Order has been shipped minus items. Items are either refunded or backordered as per the notification email that is sent.
- Delivered: Your order has been received at its end destination.
- Cancelled: Your order has been cancelled and will not be processed.
Rush Order Processing
All orders without Rush Order Processing are processed in the order they are received. Orders are processed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Need your order quicker? Add Rush Order Processing to your cart! *
For orders picked up at our warehouse, you will receive an email when your order is ready for pickup. Please wait until you have received this email before picking up your order. If you require your order to be ready sooner than our current order processing time, please add Rush Processing to your order and we will have your order ready on the business day following the placement of your order.
Rush Order Processing Schedule:
All shipments leave our warehouse at 2:00 p.m. EST.
|Day Order Placed||Day Processed||Day Shipped|
|Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday at 2:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Thursday||Friday at 2:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||Friday||Monday at 2:00 p.m.|
|Friday, Saturday, Sunday||Monday||Tuesday at 2:00 p.m.|
Out of Stock Items:
- In the case of out of stock items: Your order will be shipped minus any out of stock items and a refund will be issued for those items.
- Please understand that the need for any adjustments to your order WILL add additional processing time.
- All orders will receive an account credit for out of stock items in lieu of a refund.
- If you are ordering case size amounts of bottles, jars or other packaging items with Rush Processing, please call us at 877-248-1115 prior to placing your order to ensure availability of stock. Orders containing case size amounts of bottles, jars or other packaging items may require up to a 2 week processing time and may be shipped separately from the rest of your order due to size constraints.
* RUSH ORDER PROCESSING DOES NOT INCLUDE RUSH SHIPPING. Rush Order Processing moves your order to the front of our processing queue, but will not reduce the time your order spends in transit after leaving our warehouse. If you would like your order to spend less time in transit, please choose a rush shipping method in addition to Rush Order Processing.
First Nations (Indian Status Cardholders)
Please create an account using our online system. In order to receive a refund of your tax, you must include your Band name in your shipping address at checkout. Once your order has been placed, email a scanned copy of your Indian Status Card to email@example.com. Be sure to note your order number in your email. Once we receive a copy of your Indian Status Card and confirm your Band, we will adjust your order total and issue the appropriate refund.
International Orders (Outside of Canada and USA)
Additional shipping charges may be required for International Orders. Your order must be packed for shipment before an exact shipping quote can be attained. All shipping rates are determined by the weight and size of the parcels in your order. The shipping quote we provide will not include any import or duty fees. You are responsible for those additional fees (which vary from country to country). Once calculated, refusal of payment for the shipping charges will result in a cancellation of the order, less a 30% restocking fee.
Saffire Blue is happy to ship packages internationally. We will not ship to anyone or any other address but the Bill To party. Please do not ask us to declare your merchandise as Used Goods, Gifts or Samples, or to under-declare its value. We are required to include commercial invoices on all shipments and we do so without exception. We add a $25.00 handling charge to international (excluding United States) orders to cover the additional documentation and time needed to complete these orders.
International shipments must clear customs in their destination countries. International customers are responsible for any and all customs duties, taxes and brokerage fees that their package may incur. UPS charges for customs clearance are substantially higher than shipments sent via USPS international mail. We are not able to determine the amount of these fees before shipping to you. Please contact UPS in your country for estimates prior to ordering as UPS will not deliver your order unless these fees are paid in full. Any order returned to us due to non-payment of brokerage and customs fees will be subject to our international cancellation fee, original shipping charge and the return shipping fees charged by the carrier. Please be sure of your country’s import restrictions and requirements prior to ordering. Any order returned to us due to your country’s import restrictions or regulations will be subject to our international order cancellation fee, original shipping charge and the return shipping fees charged by the carrier for re-entry into Canada and return to us.
If you do not pick-up your package for any reason and it is returned to Saffire Blue we will refund you after deducting the return shipping charges and a 20% restocking fee.
If you are an international customer using a mail or freight forwarder for shipment of your orders overseas, Saffire Blue’s liability for your order ends when your freight forwarder takes delivery of the package. We will not be responsible for leaks or damage in transit beyond the delivery point regardless of whether you have insured your package or not as our insurance only covers transportation from our warehouse to the delivery point specified on your order. If an item has been left out of your order through our error, we will send it to the destination specified on your original order or we will issue a refund for the missing item at our discretion.
To place an order: To ensure your credit card safety it is best to use the shopping cart to place your order. For larger orders (over $1000) we may require payment via wire transfer. Any first time International order above $1,000.00 must be paid by Wire Transfer, Certified Cheque, E-mail Transfer or Direct Deposit. There is an extra $50 fee charged by our bank for wire transfers and your bank may charge an extra fee as well. Be sure to include these fees in your transfer to avoid any delay. Our online shopping cart typically gives very accurate shipping quotes. If there is a discrepancy in the amount you were quoted and the actual shipping charge we will contact you before applying any additional charges.
International Shipping Methods:
Airmail Parcel Post: This service takes 1-3 weeks (post office has 90 days to deliver order before it will be considered lost). In most cases this service is insured. There are no tracking numbers available for this service. Any Duty, Tax, or Brokerage fees related to this order is the responsibility of the recipient. Saffire Blue does not know what the duties/taxes are in your area, and we do not know if there will be brokerage fees. Airmail Parcel Post often does not have brokerage fees, but this is not a guarantee.
Shipping Restrictions: It is your responsibility to be aware of the specific import restrictions for your country. If your package is refused or destroyed due to customs rules, Saffire Blue will not be able to refund your order or offer a replacement at no charge.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON BOTANICAL SHIPMENTS: Due to import regulations, the Government of Korea, Japan and New Zealand will not allow botanical items (seeds, flower parts, or any organic, plant substances) to be imported without special documentation outside the scope of what Saffire Blue Inc. can do. We apologize for the inconvenience to our overseas customers and hope that other countries do not begin banning botanical imports. We will keep a list here of countries that can not import botanicals.
We no longer ship to Italy or Greece. Unfortunately, Italy has import laws that do not allow cosmetics or soapmaking supplies into the country. While Greece requires special paperwork from the FDA and inspections that are beyond our international shipping abilities. If you choose to place an order and have it shipped to Italy or Greece, Saffire Blue will not be able to refund you for shipping charges or the product if it is confiscated.
If for any reason you are unable to pick up your package and it is returned to Saffire Blue, we will issue a store credit minus all shipping charges (original and return) and our 20% restocking fee.
We are unable mark your international parcel as a “gift”, as doing so would be in violation of the law.
Please sign and return our international shipping waiver after submitting your order. international-waiver.pdf
To view our Return Policy, please visit: returns