A scrumptious blend of vanilla and caramel scents comes together in this ultra-sweet and feminine blend. These adorable cubes both moisturize and exfoliate without leaving any oily mess behind. Each one-ounce cube is a single-use scrub.
To use, knead with water in the palm of your hand, then rub over your skin, paying special attention to any dry or rough areas. The sugar gently removes dead skin, while the soap base cleanses and the sweet almond oil moisturizes – all in one easy step!
The following recipe will create 24 sugar scrub cubes.
(measurements by weight, not volume)
- 18 ounces White Granulated Sugar
- 6 ounces Olive Oil Melt and Pour Base, cut into equal size cubes
- 1 ml Aquolina Pink Sugar Fragrance Oil (or more to suit your senses!)
- Gel Colourant – Magenta
- 6 ounces Sweet Almond Oil – 100Pure
- Mold Market Soap Mold – Basic Rectangle – 001
- Kitchen Scale
- Large bowl
- Soap Cutter – Easy Grip
NOTE: This mixture can be set quickly, so it is important to weigh and measure all ingredients before starting.
- Place your soap base cubes into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave your soap base in 20-second increments until every cube is melted.
- Remove your bowl from the microwave and stir the soap base to ensure that all the cubes are melted.
- Add your fragrance oil and stir until combined.
- Add a drop or two of your gel colourant until you’re satisfied with the colour. Stir until combined.
- Slowly pour sweet almond oil into your soap mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add your granulated sugar and quickly stir until your mixture is fully combined. Your mixture will start to set quickly at this point, so work fast!
- Pour the mixture into your mold cavities and allow it to sit at room temperature until solid. Or refrigerate for a faster setting.
- Unmold your blocks and cut them into cubes.
Enjoy a long hot shower with your sugar cube scrubs!