Measurements by Weight not Volume
3.5 oz Mango Butter
1.6 oz Macadamia Nut Oil
1.6 oz Fractionated Coconut Oil
1.5 oz Emulsifying Wax
1 oz BTMS
0.5 oz Polysorbate 20
0.2 oz Fragrance
0.05 oz Germall Plus Preservative
10 oz Brown Sugar
- In a double boiler, melt the mango butter, emulsifying wax and BTMS. Be sure to use a heat proof bowl for this step. Stir well.
- Remove from heat and add the macadamia nut oil, coconut oil and Polysorbate 20. Stir well to combine.
- Add Germall and stir well.
- Put the bowl in an ice cube bath (this is why you need to use a heat proof bowl) with continued stirring. Add sugar and stir well and quickly, scraping downs the sides of the bowl regularly. Do not wait until the entire bowl of mixture has cooled to start stirring or else you will not be able to easily pour the mixture into containers and it will become crumbly.
- Pour the mixture into jars and allow to cool before capping.
- To use, stand in the shower and apply the scrub, one large scoop at a time, to the skin and massage gently. Do not use on face or on sensitive skin. Although this is an emulsifying scrub, it does contain oils which can make your tub slippery so be careful not to slip.