from ‘The Herb Companion’
Soothe and smooth with this gentle cream.
10 drops Tincture of Benzoin (optional as a preservative)
- Melt the shea butter in the top of a double boiler; add calendula flowers and heat on medium setting for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture through a strainer to remove calendula flowers.
- Add essential oils and vitamin E oil.
- Pour into jar (best if the cream fills the jar) and refrigerate to cool quickly and prevent any graininess.
- Once mixture is cool, close with lid.
Makes approximately 4 ounces.[ReviewDisclaimer]