from ‘The Herb Companion’
Soothe and smooth with this gentle cream.
10 drops Tincture of Benzoin (optional as a preservative)
- Melt the shea butter in the top of a double boiler; add calendula flowers and heat on medium setting for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture through a strainer to remove calendula flowers.
- Add essential oils and vitamin E oil.
- Pour into jar (best if the cream fills the jar) and refrigerate to cool quickly and prevent any graininess.
- Once mixture is cool, close with lid.
Makes approximately 4 ounces.
DISCLAIMER: Saffire Blue Inc. is not responsible for the performance or accuracy of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. Photo may not be indicative of the actual finished product. If you plan to sell products made from any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all government regulations. If ingredients listed in a recipe are not sold by Saffire Blue Inc., we cannot offer suggestions of where to purchase those ingredients.