This nut-oil based cream is very rich and has a whipped butter consistency. It goes on smoothly and absorbs very well. It’s perfect for dry summer and winter skin.
Yield: Approx. 3.6 ounces
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Price Category: 2
Difficulty Level: 2
Shelf Life: 3 months *
- 60 grams Distilled Water
- 10 grams Coconut Oil
- 8 grams Macadamia Nut Oil
- 8 grams Sweet Almond Oil
- 5 grams Shea Butter
- 11 grams Emulsifying Wax
- 2 grams Stearic Acid
* Editor’s note: We recommend adding a preservative to this recipe for shelf stability.
- Combine oils, butter, wax, and stearic acid in a heat proof container and heat in a hot water bath until all ingredients are melted. Stir to combine.
- Heat water separately until slightly warm.
- With a hand mixer, start beating oil/wax mixture. Slowly pour water into the oil mixture and continue beating on low until it takes on a creamy, buttery consistency.
- Add fragrance oil or essential oil (no more than 1/2 teaspoon or so, if desired) after the mixture cools a bit and then transfer into jars.
A little goes a long way with this cream, so use sparingly. Use it anywhere that needs intense moisture or give to your skin a little extra pampering.
Recipe by Jaime Nienstedt[ReviewDisclaimer]