This recipes makes a creamy, whipped up body butter that smells fantastic due to the virgin coconut oil and rose hydrosol.
- 60 grams (about 2.2 ounces) rose hydrosol
- 16 grams (about 1/2 ounce) extra virgin olive oil
- 10 grams (about 1/3 ounce) virgin coconut oil
- 8 grams (about 1/4 ounce) emulsifying wax
- 4 grams (about 1 teaspoon) cocoa butter
- 2 grams (about 1/2 teaspoon) stearic acid
(Note that both grams and ounces and ounces in this recipe are for weight, NOT volume.)
- Combine the cocoa butter, olive oil, coconut oil, emulsifying wax and stearic acid in a large heat proof (I use Pyrex) glass measuring cup with a pour spout. Place the mixture in a hot water bath until the waxes are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Place the rose hydrosol in a separate Pyrex cup and warm for about 15 minutes in a hot water bath.
- After stirring the oils/waxes together to make sure they are evenly combined, begin stirring the oil/wax mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed and add the hydrosol as you stir. You will see the mixture begin to thicken as you blend it. Continue mixing until until Coconut Rose Body Whip thickens to a creamy, buttery consistency. This should take about 5-10 minutes at most.
- Pour the product into clean jars and allow to cool before capping. Remember that you can add a preservative to your product to extend the shelf life. If you do this, follow your supplier”s instructions. If you don’t use a preservative, your Coconut Rose Body Whip should last up to a month if you are careful to use a clean cosmetic spatula instead of your fingers to dispense it. Storing it in the fridge between uses will also extend shelf life.
- You may add the preservative of your choice to this product by following the preservative manufacturer’s instructions for use. If you do not use a preservative, your cream should last up to 2 weeks if you have used fresh ingredients and if you dispense it with a clean utensil (like a cosmetic spatula) and store it in a cool, dry place. Refrigeration between uses will extend shelf life.