This will become one of your favourite luxurious soaps. This creamy bar soap contains a large amount of shea butter for super-moisturization, along with pure rose hydrosol (rose water) and essential oil.
Measurements by weight, not volume
36 grams rose hydrosol
14 grams sodium hydroxide (lye)
4 grams cocoa butter
22 grams virgin coconut oil
52 grams extra virgin olive oil
22 grams palm kernel oil
10 grams shea butter
1/4 teaspoon rose essential oil
1/4 teaspoon sandalwood essential oil
1/4 teaspoon palmarosa essential oil
1/4 teaspoon lemon essential oil
- In a pitcher, add lye to rose hydrosol and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- In a separate large container, warm cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, palm kernel oil and shea butter until all ingredients are fully liquified.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add you’re essential oils and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow it to sit for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars. Allow curing on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well-ventilated room.