This will become one of your favourite luxurious soaps. This creamy bar soap contains a large amount of shea butter for super-moisturization, along with pure rose hydrosol (rose water) and essential oil.
Measurements by weight, not volume
36 grams rose hydrosol
14 grams sodium hydroxide (lye)
4 grams cocoa butter
22 grams virgin coconut oil
52 grams extra virgin olive oil
22 grams palm kernel oil
10 grams shea butter
1/4 teaspoon rose essential oil
1/4 teaspoon sandalwood essential oil
1/4 teaspoon palmarosa essential oil
1/4 teaspoon lemon essential oil
- In a pitcher, add lye to rose hydrosol and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- In a separate large container, warm cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, palm kernel oil and shea butter until all ingredients are fully liquified.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add your essential oils and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars. Allow to cure on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well ventilated room.
DISCLAIMER: Saffire Blue Inc. is not responsible for the performance or accuracy of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. Photo may not be indicative of the actual finished product. If you plan to sell products made from any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all government regulations. If ingredients listed in a recipe are not sold by Saffire Blue Inc., we cannot offer suggestions of where to purchase those ingredients.