Dreamy Cream is exactly that! This is a wonderful cream inspired by one of my favorite essential oils, ylang ylang. Mixed with a bit of sweet orange and rose geranium, this rich, oil-based cream is heady and delicious. Use a little for normal to oily skin and a bit more if your skin feels dry.
8 ounces distilled water
1 ounce citric acid
3 ounces stearic acid
4 ounces virgin coconut oil
3 ounces mango butter
4 ounces avocado oil
25 drops ylang ylang essential oil
10 drops sweet orange essential oil
10 drops rose geranium essential oil
Measurements by Weight not Volume
- In a heat proof cup (I use Pyrex) combine the water and citric acid. Place the mixture in a bath until for about 10 minutes to warm the mix and dissolve the citric acid. (The citric acid may not dissolve completely until you stir it in; see Step 4.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients (except essential oils) in a separate large heat proof cup with a pour spout. Place the mixture in a hot water bath until the waxes are nearly completely melted.
- Stir the oils/waxes together to make sure they are evenly combined. By the way, unrefined avocado oil has a green tint which may be slightly transferred to your finished product. You can use refined avocado oil or any other oil suitable for dry skin, such as jojoba oil.
- In the separate container, stir the water ingredients to make sure they are evenly combined.
- Begin stirring the oil/wax mixture with an electric mixer and add the water mixture as you stir. You will see the mixture begin to thicken as you blend it. Continue mixing until Dreamy Creamy is fully formed and thickened a bit. Pour into clean jars and allow too cool before capping. It will thicken as it cools.
- To prolong shelf life, you can refrigerate this product between uses. You can also use a cotton swab, spatula or anything besides your fingers to dispense the cream to prevent insertion of bacterial agents. Or you can add the preservative of your choice according to your supplier’s instructions for use.