Wake me up before you go-go! The citrusy aroma of this bar will shake the cobwebs from your head in no time. Fragranced with tangerine, spearmint and lemongrass, this bar cleanses mildly and is highly moisturizing – leaving skin soft all day!
(measurements in weight, not volume)
9.1 ounces Distilled Water
3.3 ounces Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
1.2 ounces Avocado Butter – Ultra Refined
6 ounces Coconut Oil – 76 (Organic)
9.6 ounces Olive Oil – Grade A Refined – Organic
7.2 ounces Shea Butter – Ivory – Virgin
0.25 ounces Tangerine Essential Oil
0.25 ounces Lemongrass Essential Oil
0.25 ounces Spearmint Essential Oil
25-30 drops Gel Colourant – Orange
- In a large container, warm avocado butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and shea butter until fully liquefied. Allow cooling to room temperature.
- In a separate pitcher, add lye to the water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add essential oils and colourant and blend well.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow it to sit for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars.
- Allow curing on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well-ventilated room.