Yellow Kaolin Clay is a mild clay, which can be used on most sensitive skin types. It is believed to stimulate blood circulation while gently exfoliating and cleansing the skin. This clay is also used to draw out impurities helping to reduce blemishes and maintain a healthy appearance. Since it is so mild in nature, it will not excessively remove natural oil.
As helpful support for cell regeneration at the skin’s deepest level, carrot seed oil has a profound effect on skin health and is often considered an essential component of many skin care formulations. Carrot seed oil can be helpful for supporting and repairing aging or environmentally stressed skin.
Makes approximately (1) 2 lb loaf
(Measurements by weight, not volume)
- 176 grams Lye
- 397 grams Water
- 204 grams Coconut Oil, 76 deg
- 102 grams Palm Oil
- 136 grams Olive Oil
- 170 grams Castor Oil
- 68 grams Almond Oil, sweet
- 8 grams Carrot Seed essential oil
- 2 grams Sandalwood essential oil
- 2 grams Frankincense essential oil
- 2 tbsp Yellow Kaolin Clay
- In a large container, warm coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, castor oil and almond oil until fully liquefied. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate pyrex measuring cup, add lye to water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add essential oils and clay and blend well.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars.
- Allow to cure on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well ventilated room.