Measurements by Weight not Volume
3.2 ounces Coconut Oil
1 ounces Cocoa Butter
2.2 ounces Palm Kernel Oil/Flakes
6.4 ounces Rice Bran Oil
3.8 ounces Sunflower Oil
11.6 ounces Palm Oil or Lard
12.2 ounces Water
4.4 ounces Lye – NaOH
1.6 ounces Castor Oil
1 ounces Sodium Lactate
2.2 ounces Shea Butter, melted
1 – 2 ounces Chocolate Fragrance Oil
- In a large container, warm coconut oil, cocoa butter, palm kernel oil (or flakes), rice bran oil, sunflower oil and palm oil (or lard) until until fully liquefied. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate pitcher, add lye to water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Add the sodium lactate and castor oil to the lye mixture.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add melted shea butter and fragrance oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars.
- Allow to cure on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well ventilated room.