This recipe is perfect for an evening bath when it’s hard to relax due to the stressful cares of the day. It makes 1 ounce.
18 gms Turkey Red Oil (sulfonated castor oil)
6 gms Vegetable Glycerin
2 gms Lavender Tincture
2 gms Jojoba Oil – Clear
10 drops Lavender Essential Oil 40/42
- Measure the Turkey Red oil into a glass bottle. Add the vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil and lavender tincture. Cap and shake gently to mix.
- Add the essential oil last and cap. Shake gently again to mix. Allow Lavender Bath Syrup to sit for at least a week before using. This will allow the ingredients to mellow together. Shake well before pouring into a drawn bath. Slink in, close your eyes and enjoy!!
In addition to bath syrup, this product can be used in a variety of other ways. Add 1-2 drops to a basin of warm water and use as a facial splash. Add a few drops to a hot compress and apply to the back of your neck or the forehead for soothing, calming results.
How to make Lavender Tincture
Alcohol (Vodka, either 80 or 100 proof)
Clean glass jar with tight fitting lids
Cheesecloth, muslin, unbleached coffee filters or a fine sieve
- Muddle your lavender flowers to start to release essential oils and increase surface area.
- Fill jar 1/2 to 3/4 full of flowers.
- Pour vodka over the herbs in the jar to cover the contents completely. (The flowers should move around when gently agitated or swirled.)
- Let the jar sit for 2-6 weeks, agitating it several times a week.
- Pour the contents though your cheesecloth, muslin or sieve.
- Squeeze the filter to get as much liquid out as possible.
- The liquid will be colored, no longer clear.
Store the strained tincture in amber glass to protect from light or in a cool, dark place if in clear glass.
Alcohol tinctures will last indefinitely if stored in amber glass in a cool, dark place.
DISCLAIMER: Saffire Blue Inc. is not responsible for the performance or accuracy of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. Photo may not be indicative of the actual finished product. If you plan to sell products made from any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all government regulations. If ingredients listed in a recipe are not sold by Saffire Blue Inc., we cannot offer suggestions of where to purchase those ingredients.