This whipped sugar scrub takes a bit of time, but it’s worth it! The energizing lemon peel fragrance lends an uplifting zing to this creamy, emollient scrub.
Measurements by Weight not Volume
5.0 oz (141.75 grams) Emulsifying Wax
4.0 oz (113.40 grams) Stearic Acid
0.5 oz (14.17 grams) Cetyl Alcohol
8.0 oz (226.8 grams) Palm Kernel Oil
5.0 oz 141.75 grams) Apricot Kernel Oil
4.0 oz (113.4 grams) Cocoa Butter
3.0 oz (85 grams) Shea Butter
11.0 oz (311.85 grams) Olive Oil
3.0 oz (85 grams) Castor Oil
1.0 oz (28.35 grams) Lemon Peel Fragrance Oil
2.2 lbs (1 kg) Sugar
2 T Jojoba Beads
0.5 oz (14.18 grams) Germall Plus
- Freeze mixing bowl and whip attachment overnight.
- In a microwave or double-boiler melt the first 7 ingredients.
- Add olive oil and castor oil.
- Put this mixture in your frozen mixing bowl and whip on low/medium for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add fragrance oil.
- Add sugar a bit at a time while the mixture continues beating until all sugar is gone.
- Add jojoba beads.
- Add preservative.
Whipping time is roughly 1 – 1.5 hours in total.