Soy lotion candles, also known as Massage Candles, are made from pure 100 soybean wax, which is a natural moisturizing agent that makes your skin feel like silk. Massage candles are much different than your traditional wax candles, as they are specifically made for use on the body. By using soy rather than traditional waxes, such as paraffin or beeswax, the candle melts at a safe and comfortable 102 degrees Fahrenheit. The warmed oil can be directly massaged into the skin, leaving the skin smooth, soft, and pleasantly scented.
To use: Light the wick and let the candle form a pool of wax. Blow out the wick and pour the warm, melted wax over your skin. Envelope yourself in the enchanting aroma of delicate lotus blossoms caressed by moonlight and musk as you feel the butters and oils of this massage candle hydrate your skin and soothe your tired muscles.
9.6 Ounces Soy Wax
2.4 Ounces Coconut Oil 76 – Organic
1.92 Ounces Hempseed Oil – Unrefined
.08 Ounce Avocado Oil
1.60 Ounces Jojoba Oil – Golden
0.08 Ounce Vitamin E
0.32 Ounce Moonlit Lotus Fragrance Oil
3 Deep Metal Tin w/Clear-View Lid – 8 oz
Wax Melter or Double Boiler
Hot Glue Gun
- Prepare work space to make candles. Cover work area to protect countertop.
- Prepare tins by fastening wick to bottom. (For this step, you will need a drinking straw that has been cut in half (about 5.5″) and a hot glue gun.) Take the wick and thread through the drinking straw. Holding the wick in one hand, place a large drop of hot glue on the bottom of the tab and place the straw/wick down into the tin. Hold until set, then remove straw.
- On digital scale, weigh soy wax and place in wax melter or double boiler. Heat wax until melted and temperature reaches 150 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Weigh remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Add coconut 76 oil to melted wax. Gently stir until it is melted. We have found that a wooden shish-ka-bob skewer works well for mixing wax and can then be thrown away.
- Add hemp, avocado and jojoba oils. Gently mix together.
- Lastly, add Vitamin E and fragrance oil. Mix well. (Be sure to use a skin-safe fragrance when making this candle.)
- Pour liquid into tins. Place popsicle sticks on either side of wick to hold straight until wax hardens.
- Once lotion candle has completely solidified, trim wick and place lid on. Label product and fasten warning label to bottom of tin.