Cuddling up with a hot mug of cocoa is one of the loveliest cold weather experiences. This peppermint cocoa soap brings the comfort of that warm winter treat to your bath. It’s all of the rich, minty pleasure without all of the calories!
4.8 ounces Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
14 ounces Distilled Water
- In a large container, warm coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil and cocoa butter until fully liquefied. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate pitcher, add lye to water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add cocoa powder, essential oil and fragrance oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars.
- Allow to cure on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well ventilated room.
DISCLAIMER: Saffire Blue Inc. is not responsible for the performance or accuracy of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. Photo may not be indicative of the actual finished product. If you plan to sell products made from any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all government regulations. If ingredients listed in a recipe are not sold by Saffire Blue Inc., we cannot offer suggestions of where to purchase those ingredients.