Cuddling up with a hot mug of cocoa is one of the loveliest cold weather experiences. This peppermint cocoa soap brings the comfort of that warm winter treat to your bath. It’s all of the rich, minty pleasure without all of the calories!
4.8 ounces Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
14 ounces Distilled Water
10 ounces Coconut Oil – 76 (Organic)
6 ounces Olive Oil – Grade A Refined – Organic
6 ounces Sunflower Oil – High Oleic
6 ounces Soybean Oil – Non-GMO
2 ounce Cocoa Butter – Natural
6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
20 ml Peppermint Essential Oil
10 ml Chocolate Fragrance Oil
Mix & Pour Funnel
Crafter’s Choice Loaf – Regular – Clear Silicone Mold
- In a large container, warm coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil and cocoa butter until fully liquefied. Allow cooling to room temperature.
- In a separate pitcher, add lye to the water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add cocoa powder, essential oil and fragrance oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow it to sit for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars.
- Allow curing on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well-ventilated room.