Cuddling up with a hot mug of cocoa is one of the loveliest cold weather experiences. This peppermint cocoa soap brings the comfort of that warm winter treat to your bath. It’s all of the rich, minty pleasure without all of the calories!
4.8 ounces Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
14 ounces Distilled Water
- In a large container, warm coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil and cocoa butter until fully liquefied. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate pitcher, add lye to water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add cocoa powder, essential oil and fragrance oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars.
- Allow to cure on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well ventilated room.