Much more than just another an aromatic herb, rosemary is also one of the most powerful essential oils. Rosemary essential oil offers a woody, citrus-like fragrance that deodorizes and disinfects.
2.5 oz Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
6.25 oz Distilled Water
0.5 oz Rosemary Essential Oil
- In a pitcher, add lye to water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- In a separate large container, warm olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil until all ingredients are fully liquefied.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add rosemary essential oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars. Allow to cure on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well ventilated room.