Sea Buckthorn Berry oil is well known for its healing and rejuvenating effects on the skin. This highly nutritive soap is rich in essential fatty acids, beta carotene, vitamins and minerals which may reduce the signs of aging. This bar is high in oleic acid, which makes oils richer and heavier, so they seal in moisture more effectively. When used daily, it may help to slow down the signs of aging by nourishing your skin.
(Makes 2 lb batch of soap)
242 grams Water
90 grams Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
20 grams Eyelet Peony & Moss Fragrance Oil
- In a large container, warm coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil and sea buckthorn berry oil until fully liquified.
- In a separate pitcher, add lye to water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add your fragrance and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars. Allow to cure on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well ventilated room.
DISCLAIMER: Saffire Blue Inc. is not responsible for the performance or accuracy of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. Photo may not be indicative of the actual finished product. If you plan to sell products made from any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all government regulations. If ingredients listed in a recipe are not sold by Saffire Blue Inc., we cannot offer suggestions of where to purchase those ingredients.