Sea Buckthorn Berry oil is well known for its healing and rejuvenating effects on the skin. This highly nutritive soap is rich in essential fatty acids, beta carotene, vitamins and minerals which may reduce the signs of ageing. This bar is high in oleic acid, which makes oils richer and heavier, so they seal in moisture more effectively. When used daily, it may help to slow down the signs of ageing by nourishing your skin.
(Makes 2 lb batch of soap)
286 grams Olive Oil – Refined
190 grams Coconut Oil – 76 (RBD)
127 grams Palm Oil (RBD)
32 grams Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil
242 grams Water
90 grams Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
20 grams Eyelet Peony & Moss Fragrance Oil
Mix & Pour Funnel
Mold Market Soap Mold – Loaf Mold – Square – 143
Soap Cutter – Easy Grip
- In a large container, warm coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil and sea buckthorn berry oil until fully liquified.
- In a separate pitcher, add lye to water and gently stir until lye is fully dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Add the lye mixture to the oils and mix using a stick blender.
- At light trace, add your fragrance and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your soap mold and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars. Allow to cure on a rack for at least 4 weeks in a well ventilated room.