Soy wax is composed of 98% soy wax and 2% natural soy-based additives. This soy-based additive enables the wax to be poured at a hotter temp, reduces frosting, increases FO load and produces a smoother top. It contains no preservatives and is both natural and kosher. Soy wax is often preferred because it does not produce the dreaded black petroleum-carbon soot and it provides 30-50% longer burn than paraffin candles. Soy wax is produced from soybeans, a renewable resource supporting American farmers. It is water-soluble, so it cleans up easily with soap & water. 444 has a higher melt point than the 464 wax, which makes it especially popular during warmer weather as it allows candles to hold their shape. Great blending wax for paraffin. This wax has an excellent scent throw both cold and hot.
- Food grade ~ Kosher
- Cruelty Free ~ No Animal Testing
- No Animal Products ~ Vegan Friendly
Natural Soy Wax. Packaged in convenient white flakes.
Ingredients: Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil and Soy Based Emulsifier (Monoglycerides) – Kosher Pareve
Melt Point : 119° – 125° F
Pour Temp: 125° – 145° F (pouring at higher temps may require a heat gun to smooth tops)
FO Load: 9% – 11% (up to 1.75 oz fragrance per pound of wax)
Shelf Life recommendation: Store product and maintain its temperature in a cool (75° F or below), dry area away from odour causing substances. Best if used within one year from date of manufacture.
Tips: Because soy is a natural product & can vary slightly between batches, we recommend testing a candle with each purchase to ensure no adjustments are needed with wicks or fragrance load.
Cosmetics (creams, lip balms, lotions, etc) & soap
Cooking & Baking
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDLE MAKING:
- Heat wax to 185° F (do NOT exceed 200° F as this may discolor and/or burn your wax)
- Add color & fragrance oil (Add fragrances with higher flash points at 185° F. Add fragrances with lower flash points (such as citrus) around 160° F)
- Remove from heat source & stir gently for 2 minutes
- Allow wax to cool down to 110° F. The wax may be slushy in appearance, but this pouring temp will allow your candles to have a smoother surface.
- Stir again & pour into container of choice.
- Allow to solidify at room temp & cure for 24-48 hours
- Soy wax creates a natural frosted look. To reduce this, apply heat to top of finished candles with a hair dryer.